Supervisor Training – Moving from Peer to Supervisor
This supervisor training seminar is designed to help newly appointed supervisors make the transition into management more successful and less stressful. Participants taking this workshop will learn more about their own leadership style, how they communicate, positive characteristics of leaders, and how to give employees constructive feedback regarding their performance. Supervisors will also be briefed on current employment law.
Individuals who are influential within organizations know the importance of strong communication skills. These individuals understand the behavior styles of others and have the ability to motivate their subordinates. This seminar will teach practical skills and techniques to make communicating with others more effective. Participants will learn that when we communicate better, we build stronger relationships with those in our work environment.
We typically begin our training programs with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges that your organization’s new leaders face. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
MOVING FROM PEER TO SUPERVISOR KEY TOPICS:
- Positive characteristics of leaders…what skills would I like to improve?
- Providing employees with valuable feedback
- Changes in the workforce
- Adapting your communicating style to achieve “win-win” communication
- Building relationships on the foundation of trust, credibility, and honesty
- Making feedback specific and performance related
- Action Plan…What steps will I take to become an even more effective leader?